Sunday, May 13, 2007

Generation 1: Before the Fallout

Welcome, welcome to the first post of this 'Shared' challenge. The original inspiration came from Wen & Lynn's Shared Legacy Challenge. However, instead of two ladies... we've got myself, and my boyfriend. The ladies from Legacy Land know him as 'My Vlad'... so he's going by Vlad here. His updates will likely just be pictures... because he's lazy. Mine will involve something similar to my DHW Challenge. Updates will happen when they happen; we're on different schedules and connections.




Here's our lovely founder, Kyung-Soon, fresh out of bodyshop! I'm on a fresh install of the game (secondary, my original is still there), but I snuck in a few tidbits of CC for good measure. She's got custom skintone and eyes from Enayla, and hair from peggysims2.com. She also comes with an attitude that rivals Texas in size.

Kyung-Soon: 'Pfft, are you done yapping yet?'

See what I mean? Why did I ever let my sims talk to me?

Her first day there and there is a fire. I hope this isn't some sort of foretelling of the future. These Apocalypse Challenges are rough! We've decided on Medical and Culinary as our first restrictions to lift. We'll also be lifting a pet restriction.

But that means no Emergency or fire things, so no fires, Kyung-Soon! Do you hear me?

Kyung-Soon: 'Yeah, yeah... whatever. Nuclear fallout? Puh-lease. I'll believe it when I see it!'

Being the wonderfully kind sim that she is, Kyung-Soon immediately makes friends by pelting them with water balloons. That's great, how do you expect to break the first restriction requiring Top of Career if you don't have any friends?

Kyung-Soon: 'In my country, water balloons to the face mean "hello"!'

And what country is that, exactly? Retardo Land, MATY?

Kyung-Soon: 'Don't make me rip off your lips!'

Since this is kind of like a ridiculously extreme version of the Legacy Challenge, we need a spouse-to-be. Kyung-Soon wastes no time and recruits Stephan Gothier to the cause... after a make over, of course.

Kyung-Soon: 'Voyeur! Don't you have anything better to do than watch pixelated makeouts?'

Sure, but embarrassing you is always fun!

Kyung-Soon: 'Begone with you, bothersome pest!'

This is the first time I've had two dormies show any sort of relationship. These two are total enemies, fighting, poking, scratching, and what-have-you constantly. They fought several times a day. It kept interrupting the actions my boyfriend and I had queued up for Kyung-Soon (we were both playing here, on my computer, taking turns on semesters).

Despite this, Kyung-Soon did manage to find time to max Mechanical, Logic, and Cleaning... as well as rustle up 12 friends to secure her the Chief of Staff position when she graduates!

Kyung-Soon: 'Too bad my LTW is to raise 20 puppies or kittens, idiot!'

Shush!!

Hooray... I hate college. And seeing as this is a fresh install, I have none of my hacks. None, nadda, zippo... zilch. It was hard, very hard. Thus why I made my boyfriend play through the majority of it! I did get her most of her friends and skills, though. He just had to sit here and babysit.

Kyung-Soon: 'Pfft! I need no babysitting.'

Sure you do. You kept dancing... even though your needs were red!

Kyung-Soon: 'Lies and propaganda! In my country, getting one's groove on is the only way to recooperate one's needs!'

Sure, sure... whatever, weirdo.

The obligatory graduation picture... woohoo! I'm done, done, done for a graduation. You can take your sass and can it, sister... you're under Vlad's control now. And we play very, very differently.

Kyung-Soon: 'I think that will be a good thing, yes. Anyone that is not you.'

Good riddance!

A close-up of Kyung-Soon in her youth. The next time I see her, she'll be old, feeble, and rendered ISBI like in her behavior due to the restriction... I forget which one.

Kyung-Soon: 'My beauty will be unending, you will see!'

Sure, sister. That's what they all say.


Believe in Nuclear winters now?? Heh, heh, heh...

Kyung-Soon: 'I hate you.'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh. I love Kyung-Soon. Not only is she pretty but she has the attitude you show so very well, Mao. I haven't read any Apocolypse blogs and really have no idea what the restrictions and such are, so you'll have to forgive any stupid questions I nag you with in the future. ;-)

MysticSpirit said...

Oh. I Get it. You didn't want me to leave a comment here, earlier. Is that it? That's why there was no "post a comment" link? *glares*

Anyway, I am loving Kyung-Soon's look. The skintone with the hair and eyes ... makes her stand out extremely well.

Why are your sims always dissing you???

Lisa said...

I think you have the mouthiest sims around!

Anonymous said...

Mao, your sims sure have an attitude on them! My goodness!! What do you do to them?