Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Generation 4: Surviving an Apocalypse 101 - Part One



All right, I've returned for another fun-filled round of Apocalyptic action with the very haunted family, the Duals. Fortunately for Ajax and Helen, they are far away from the fearsome ghosts of their ancestors. They're holed up in a... er... shack out in the middle of nowhere that poses as a university in progress. Why don't we check and see how they're doing?




Helen, our heir apparent, will be breaking the Paranormal restriction. She will single-handedly remove her family from the cruel and cold clutches of the ever-fearsome Kyung-Soon. Now if only she could figure out how exactly these shiny horsey dudes work...

Helen: 'Like, I don't appreciate you degrating my intelligence and stuff!'

Er, degrading, you mean? I think you manage well enough on your own.




Ajax, meanwhile, is working his way through the rigorous studies of history. He's going to bust down the ties that bind us from using Career rewards. That's right, Ajax is a future Adventurer!

Ajax: 'If you had picked me I would have named my child Indiana Jones!'

As amusing as that would be, it would break my current theme!




Since they're poor as dirt and are still confined by certain restrictions, Helen and Ajax find fun in nature. Uh, Helen... I don't think those are butterflies...

Helen: 'Wow, you are like totally stupid! Butter doesn't fly! These are like, mutated moths.'

Either way, I wouldn't be trying to catch them. Don't you have a class to get to? Or some brains to eat? Darn zombies...




Helen: 'Like, Dear Diary... life totally sucks. The evil voice won't let me do anything fun. She makes me play on the boring old chess set! I hate those horsey guys. They totally don't make sense. xoxoxoxo Helen. PS: Ajax snores like a truck!!!'

I hope IQ isn't genetic...




Since they had to wait so long initially for money, I had them phone over their family and get their rap on for cash. It worked surprisingly well and soon they netted 1k or so each! Hooray for nearly maxed Creativity. Not so hooray for really, really bad white girl and guy rhymes. Eminem you two are not.

Helen: 'Vanilla Ice is like, my idol!'




By some miracle or another, a somewhat attractive dormie wandered by. Since I had been having no luck with the allowable NPCs, I decided he would have to do. Here's hoping he's fit and charismatic, as he'll be busting down Athletics!

Too bad I can't remember his name. Ha!




Unfortunately, it took awhile for Helen and Ajax to have enough money for walls. Until that time came, Helen spent a lot of time as an ice cube. Here we can see Ajax snoozing comfortably, somewhat aware of the fact that his sister is currently a human popsicle, but deciding he doesn't care enough to wake up. Classy.




Helen: 'Like, omigawd! What are you doing?!'

Ajax: 'Trying to defrost you...'

Helen: 'You'll mess up my hair!'

Ajax: '((sighs)) We don't have showbiz unlocked, sis. You look like crap either way. Deal with it.'





Despite her complete and utter lack of a brain, Helen and Ponytail Man's relationship blossomed. They flirted, tittered, and even smooched. Zombo watched from the background. I have no idea how he got here or why he's here... should I be scared?




Eventually, she popped the question.

Helen: 'That sweater is like, so this season. Will you marry me?'

Pony Tail: 'Does your house have zombie-proof doors?'

Helen: 'Totally!'

Pony Tail: 'Then hell yes!'




You! It's you! ARGH! Where did you come from, how did you find them? Why don't you ever come when VB is playing?! This is not fair!

Zombie Burglar: 'Mwehehehe... I told you I'd be back!'

Fiending bugger! Give back that chess set, book case, and easel! Helen and Ajax need those for skilling.... grrrr

Zombie Burglar: 'That'll teach you to try and smite the zombie mafia... mwehehehehe!!!'




All right, Demi Love! You are awesome! This may have just earned you a place in the Dual family tree... provided we have a male heir. Uh, wait a minute... where is all the stuff he stole? And the reward money? Hello?

GRRR!!! I hate that burglar. HATE!

Zombie Burglar: 'Mwehehehehe!!! I still win!'




Oh, fantastic! No sooner did they get enough money to replace the stolen goods does Ajax start a fire. I forgot to install a fire alarm, so he has to put it out himself. Sigh. How are you all supposed to get your skills if all you do is start fires and annoy the crap out of me?!




Of course, let us not forget about the frigid conditions of a post apocalyptic world! If they're not complaining about low needs, then they're freezing! I had to install a fire place and watch them fight over it. Not surprisingly, Helen was always the one who looked like a zombie.

Helen: 'Blue is like, totally not my color!'




Ajax was constantly in the red due to his impossible to fulfill wants as a Pleasure sim. Thankfully, we get to use the Sophmore roll! VB randomly picked a number and it came out as Knowledge. His LTW even matches up with his restriction! Rock on.




Another fire!? Come on, you two! Time is ticking away--we need to get you as many skills as we can. Grrr! Stop starting fires!

Ajax: 'It's all Helen's fault! She caught the light fixture on fire!'

That's impossible! Yet... it has happened twice now. Sigh.

Helen: 'Like, it totally burns! Ouch!'




Finally, the time came for graduation. Ajax grew into an adult and bid a not-so-fond farewell to the shack he had called home for the past four years.

Ajax: 'All right! I can't wait to go home and get scared by some ghosts!'

You won't have to wait very long... trust me.




Helen grew into an outfit completely out-of-character for a brain dead cheerleader. I think she was really just that worried about freezing to death. No worries anymore, Helen. Your biggest concern is now not to be scared to death!

Helen: 'This is totally not hot.'

4 comments:

tktrn99 said...

Whew! You made the Uni years seem quick! Man, why is Zombo following the kids around??? Darn burgler! Good luck Ajax and Helen...hope you can hand without being too scared!

MysticSpirit said...

Maybe they all smell like fish ... maybe that's why Zombo keeps following the family around. Who knows what kinda smells people have after nuclear war. :O} Hehe. The blond haired guy is totally cute ... the dark skin meshes well. :O)) Can't wait until that paranormal restriction is lifted!!

Lisa said...

Poor Helen. I have to feel sorry for her. Not only did she get the short end of the intelligence stick, but she keeps freezing too!

I love Zombo! He's the family mascot, I think.

Anonymous said...

I love how Zombo just shows up! Ajax and Helen certainly aren't wanting to cooperate with you. Hopefully that gets better once they get back home but at least reaching the top of the careers will be easier with that degree!